Sgoil Bhreascleit is a rural primary school on the west side of the island of Lewis. It is a non denominational school serving the villages of Breasclete, Callanish, Garynahine and Linshader.
The staff consists of the Head Teacher and two other full time members of staff and itinerant teachers of Art, Music, PE and Support for Learning.
An instructor in Gaelic Music provides tuition to our Gaelic Medium classes. Instructors in Chanter, Keyboard and Guitar provides tuition to small groups of pupils in Primaries 5, 6 & 7.
Staff are supported by one auxiliary and one member of staff who is responsible for the administrative and class assistant duties.
Sgoil Bhreascleit has always enjoyed the active support of parents and other members of the community in providing the best possible education for pupils. The Sgoil Bhreascleit Parent Group forms a particular link between parents and the school and all parents are welcome to attend the regular Parent Group meetings.
The school benefits from excellent facilities in the adjacent Community Hall for dining, P.E., Drama and musical activities.
Sgoil Bhreascleit aims to:
- Provide a relevant, well balanced, differentiated and inclusive bilingual curriculum
- Achieve a high standard of attainment
- Provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment for all pupils of all abilities
- Provide a secure, safe, supportive and purposeful learning environment
- Provide a caring, welcoming and happy school environment
- Utilise the resources and accommodation to provide a safe, pleasant and stimulating environment to support pupil and staff activities
- Ensure effective leadership and management